Friday, September 11, 2009

New "The Mountain Goats" song and new album!!!

Favorite indie folk dude John Darnielle had to say about the new record:

"I guess the obvious question is going to be: 'John, have you had some sort of religous awakening?' and while I guess lots of people might want to be coy about answering that, that's never really my style, so: no. It's not like that. It's not some heavy-narrative-distance deal either, though, and it's not a screed. It's twelve new songs: twelve hard lessons the Bible taught me, kind of. More than that I'd want to wait to say until some people have heard it, which won't be long. Will there be more news soon, quite soon? Like, next week, even? Oh yes there will!"

The album also features Final Fantasy's Owen Pallett. I'm loving the latest song release "Genesis 3:23" which you can download below.

mp3: The Mountain Goats - Genesis 3:23

Previous:
The Mountain Goats & John Vanderslice - Moon Colony Bloodbath
The Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride - Review
The Mountain Goats - Get Lonely (2006)

4ad Mountain Goats

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut