Monday, February 23, 2009

February Playlist Sample

I thought I’d share part of my current playlist. There’s new and old here, but they’re all favorites.

Anavan- BOOM (This is my current favorite song. It’s crazy danceable. It’s off Anavan’s new album ‘Cover Story’)

The Books- Cello Song (a new favorite from the excellent compilation ‘Dark Was The Night’, a 2-disc benefit album featuring a real who’s-who list of indie bands. If you want it, buy it and support AIDs prevention. Get more info and sample some songs here at Dark Was The Night’s MySpace page.)

Setting Sun- How Long (I just got Setting Sun’s 2008 album ‘Children of the Wild’, and I’m really enjoying it. It’s kind of a strange album, with folk blending into synthesizers at times, and very beat oriented. ‘Overjoyed’ has to be my favorite song, but this one is good too.)

Willowfair- Shadow (So quiet, so beautiful. More of Willowfair’s work can be downloaded free at Noisetrade.com)

Royksopp- Happy Up Here (Brand new single from Royksopp. Really catchy, incredibly fun. Listen here: Happy Up Here. *Update- I found the official video. The sound is so much better*

Great Northern- The Middle (Great Northern’s 2007 album ‘Trading Twilight for Daylight’ is amazing.)

1 COMMENTS:

project961 on 9:42 pm said...

Chris Cornell the bad ass front man of Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog, takes over project 96.1 from 6-8 pm to tell the story behind his hits commercial free before the re-broadcast of his epic show last night at centre stage. Check it out on-line at project961.com. Hear him belt out songs like Hunger Strike, Outshined, Like A Stone and Black Hole Sun commercial free at 8 pm.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut