Sunday, January 06, 2008

Vampire Weekend

I've recently discovered this New York based buzz band, and you should hear their relaxing pop song "M79". I like to hear unmixed indie rock songs. "M79" isn't the only good song of them, there are bunch of nice cuts on their new self-titled record such as Mansard Roof, Oxford Comma and A-Punk. And they mostly sound like XTC or Rusted Root, you know them, they're cool. Ok here comes video of Ecstasy by Rusted Root. If you like entertaining, joyful indie rock bands, Vampire Weekend is for you. Vampire Weekend talks about the song "M79":

We just finished recording this song too. The final version is very different than this one. Rostam played piano here so I feel like it has a kind of honky-tonk vibe. On the album, there are a lot of different instruments and string arrangements. It’s named after a bus in Manhattan that goes across Central Park. There are usually a lot of old people on it — maybe going to a museum or hospital on the Upper East Side.

I hope they gain some attention, because this album grows on me.
Vampire Weekend - M79
Vampire Weekend - I Stand Corrected

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut