Friday, January 18, 2008

Destroyer - Trouble in Dreams

Dan Bejar will return this spring with his ninth full-length record as Destroyer, "Trouble in Dreams." The 11-song set is due March 18 under Merge Records and includes two songs that date back to Bejar's work with Swan Lake and his previous album, "Destroyer's Rubies."

"I think I'm learning more and more about the recording process as these records beneath my belt start to pile up," Bejar says. "Maybe having done all these records, and being conscious of the fact that I am working with players and 'producers' who are really good at what they do, gave me the confidence to try and record an album of songs, the bulk of which I had no idea how they were supposed to 'go.'"

Bejar plans to take Destroyer on the road in April and May, with dates to be announced. I'm listening this record twice a day. It grows on me, but it still early to write something about Trouble in Dreams. Leopard of Honor is a catchy new hit, that's all I know. You already know the first single, Foam Hands.

Destroyer - Foam Hands
Destroyer - Leopard of Honor

more:
Destroyer's Rubies

4 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Destroyer's Rubies is better than this!!!

Anonymous said...

second link is broken

Anonymous said...

ahhhh...beautiful music by a beautiful man!

Anonymous said...

TID is absolute genius, musically and lyrically, it has more layers and depth than rubies...which i dare say makes it it "better."

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut