Saturday, January 19, 2008

Modern Love Songs Vol.1


After highly appreciated Go to Indie Music Club vol.1 with its nearly 100 download on first day, i decided to collect another album, Modern Love Songs Vol.1. A broken voice Kristin Hersh singing "I married a boxer to keep me from fighting" opens my new Modern Love Songs Vol.1 collection. Dionne Warwick breaks your heart with Walk On By, a Burt Bacharach song. Seal had already covered the song before, but Seal comes with an amazing love song "If I Could", a duet with Joni Mitchell. Mitchell's big power comes out of its shell by Blue. It's a perfect modern composition, that's why everyone should know her works. Wait!, The Carpenters preforming nostalgic Rainbow Connection, words and music by Kenneth Asher and Paul Williams, The Rainbow Connection was mainly for Kermit from the Muppet Show. They recorded it from about 1979. After all great first five track, Kevin Ayers becomes a great listening experience, he always hides power of his talent. It's hard to love Kevin Ayers songs at first spin, and in my view Farewell Again is the most charming song of this compilation. I always put a cover to my playlists, that habit catches me here again, it's a dreamy Syd Barrett cover, a strong love song. An amazing #1 hit song from 80s, and also a duet, Endless Love closes my Modern Love Songs Vol.1 album.

Top Modern Love Songs
1. Kristin Hersh - Hips And Makers
2. Seal - If I Could (feat. Joni Mitchell)
3. Joni Mitchell - Blue
4. Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
5. Carpenters - The Rainbow Connection
6. Kevin Ayers - Farewell Again (Another Dawn)
7. Livid - love song (Syd Barrett Cover)
8. The Blue Nile - Saturday Night
9. Scott Walker - Jackie
10. Lionel Richie And Diana Ross - Endless Love

download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/84964249/Modern_Love_Songs_Vol.1.rar
pass:themodernmusic.com

4 COMMENTS:

Divinyl on 12:22 pm said...

Nice work! Seeing 'love songs' anywhere puts me right off, but there look to be a few corkers here...I'm off to download it and have a listen!

M on 5:45 am said...

Not much of a love song fan myself, but these are good. My wife loves Dionne Warwick and Walk On By. Enjoyed reading.

Anonymous said...

Could you repost 'em? Would love to have your collection!!

Anonymous said...

kindly repost this compilation........

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut