Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Frightened Rabbits- Heads Roll Off

I thought I'd share a song which has really inspired my love of music, and which seems to fill me up with joy every time I hear it, the kind of joy you'd get from looking off a mountain towards the distant horizon. The warbling vocals took me completely by surprise the first time I heard it, and the same goes for another of my beloved songs from Frightened Rabbits, 'The Modern Leper'. I didn't think I liked it after the first listen. But I gave it a second chance, and over time the song gradually took hold of me. I heard the depth of the lyrics, the passion of the singing, and the beauty in the simple beats and guitar strums.

I don't think I could ever get tired of this song. The Scottish accent of singer Scott Hutchison is bewitching, and so is his message of mortality, futility, and hope.


Frightened Rabbit- Head Rolls Off.mp3


The song comes from the album 'The Midnight Organ Fight', released in April 2008

2 COMMENTS:

Ben on 12:59 pm said...

It's actually a great song which grows on me too! Right on the spot!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic song.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut