Thursday, July 05, 2007

Kristin Hersh - Hips And Makers

Hersh dug into her backlog of compositions for material of an intensely personal nature that she felt wouldn't be suitable for her band on her solo debut. In stark contrast to her work with Throwing Muses, Hips and Makers (1994) is almost entirely acoustic. The album opener "Your Ghost" offers a magical acustic taste with R.E.M.'s Michael Stipe and it's the best song. And also i love the title song Hips And Makers. I love this record, what should i say more about it?
Kristin Hersh - Your Ghost (beautiful song!)
Kristin Hersh - Hips And Makers
You can buy this record from 4ad
you may also like:
Kristin Hersh - Learn To Sing Like A Star

2 COMMENTS:

xolondon on 12:15 pm said...

I love Your Ghost! I used to play it all the time (around the same period as Hole's Live Through This) - I most remember the line "It's the blaze across my nightgown." Thanks for this!

Anonymous said...

I think mike stipe ruins this song. If you can find the demo, it is only hersh, and is far more haunting. Really. Seek it out.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut