Friday, June 06, 2008

Martha Wainwright - I Know You're Married

Rating:8.5/10
Martha Wainwright's secondary record opens to lyrics "I've got feelings too, And I still love you" Looking to this one like another avarage singer's new record would be a mistake. I have lots of thing to say about this sweet-kinda voice. When it comes to say something about music, it only becomes like it's amazing or its not. Being sister of Rufus Wainwright who is romantic prince of pop music, she actually doesn't keep same sound with his brother. Of course, this is a romantic record. On the other hand she's a female and there are really different points of view between female and male. Not only she has sexy legs, she also uses the right weapon about love, that's how girls are good at seeing every sight of romance. "I Know You're Married" pieces together all the reproofs, and the singer gives that strong emotion. Martha covers Pink Floyd's "See Emily Play" and the Eurythmics' "Love Is A Stranger". Also, a dark natured duet with Rufus Wainwright "Tower Song" makes stronger and studied the record much more.

Writing about good music seems to me a lot selfish, it can only disappoint you. However, "I Know You're Married But I've Got Feelings Too" is one of that rare albums that you can listen again and again from the beginning.

MM picks: Bleeding All Over You, You Cheated Me, Tower Song, So Many Friends

Martha Wainwright - Comin' Tonight

you can listen the album on Martha Wainwright official page.

2 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I want your participation on LogoBlog poll about best Rock band Logo:
Visit LogoBlog Poll

Bill on 9:15 am said...

I'm also a fan of Martha Wainwright. And what a interesting view point you have on this one.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut