Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Kevin Ayers - The Unfairground

You already know me, i almost became the new good music catcher, and that makes me feel good. So i have Kevin Ayers' brand new record on my hands, The Unfairground. It's been fifteen years since his last album, as P4k reported before, he needed help after long years for bringing a good record. So who becomes the angel to help our poor little Kevin Ayers: Roxy Music guitarist Phil Manzanera, the Ladybug Transistor's Gary Olson, members of Architecture in Helsinki Julian Koster of Neutral Milk Hotel, the former member of Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, Teenage Fanclub's Norman Blake and Francis MacDonald, (ok i got little bored tp countin' the names), Elephant 6-affiliated cellist Heather McIntosh, Daisy Martey of the Noonday Underground, Psychedelic Furs keyboardist Joe McGinty, songwriter Candie Payne, folkie legend Bridget St. John, and enough other folks to round out a Rolodex. Oh my god, that means so many help, what did you do Kevin Ayers?, please explain it. Anyway, i loved the new record. Despite its short playing about 34 minutes, this can find the year's best music with coffee, so melancholic and imperturbable. Fantastic harmonies, instrumentation, mellow lyrics.

Kevin Ayers - Cold Shoulder
Kevin Ayers - Only Heaven Knows

2 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tracks. To my shame I didn't heard of Kevin Ayers before, but he seems like a very talented musician.

Anonymous said...

yeah, sounds good. I love the guy too

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut