Saturday, December 23, 2006

Queen of Voice

I know i haven't posted many female artists, but i haven't came across any impressive rock female artist in the year or you should let me know if i miss anything. Yesterday i read good news at Official Elizabeth Frazer that Liz's solo album due spring 2007. I started to play immediately my Cocteau Twins songs, and i got deeper with the god of voice.

Cocteau Twins were founded in Grangemouth, Scotland, in 1979. Taking their name from an obscure song from fellow Scots Simple Minds, the Cocteaus were originally formed by guitarist Robin Guthrie and bassist Will Heggie and later rounded out by Guthrie's girlfriend Elizabeth Fraser, an utterly unique performer whose swooping, operatic vocals relied less on any recognizable language than on the subjective sounds and textures of verbalized emotions.

As a favorite of mine, "Treasure" makes my finger trembling whenever i listen this masterpiece. The name which was chosen perfecly, and also it's right for its meaning, a genuine treasure. How can be a voice like this? Beatrix is the most magical, deep work of the record. The other one is Amelia. This two song explains why you should spend your hours on listening music! Cocteau Twins are a plain example of perfect sound composing. I can't explain the songs, why these are so beautiful? Music expresses that which cannot be said...“Until I don't know where you end and I begin”
mp3: Beatrix
mp3: Amelia

1 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

check out cortney tidwell

http://www.everrecords.com/cortneytidwell_tangledstars/

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut