Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire (2005)


'Ring Of Fire - The Legend Of Johnny Cash' is a career-spanning collection of tracks by one of the greatest songwriters of all time. With his distinctive voice and black attire, Cash cast a tall shadow over popular music for over forty years, making some of the finest records of all time in the process, many of which feature on this compilation. Includes the tracks 'Ring Of Fire', 'I Walk The Line' and 'Hurt'.

Quotes

  • "How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man."
  • "I am not a Christian artist, I am an artist who is a Christian."
  • "I did not vote for Mr. Bush, let's leave it at that."
  • "I wouldn't let anybody influence me into thinking I was doing the wrong thing by singing about death, hell and drugs. Because I've always done that, and I always will." - in acknowledgment of his similarity to today's gangsta rappers
  • "I learn from my mistakes. It's a very painful way to learn, but without pain, the old saying is, there's no gain."
  • "There's never been two months gone by that I haven't dreamed about him. He's tried to help turn me to the way of life." - in 2002, on his beloved brother Jack, who died in 1944 when Cash was 11.
  • "You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone. Close the door on the past. You don't try to forget the mistakes, but you don't dwell on it. You don't let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space."
  • "You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way."
  • After about three lessons the voice teacher said, "Don't take voice lessons. Do it your way."
  • "You've got a song you're singing from your gut, you want that audience to feel it in their gut. And you've got to make them think that you're one of them sitting out there with them too. They've got to be able to relate to what you're doing."
  • "Success is having to worry about every damn thing in the world, except money."

1 COMMENTS:

Ben on 7:02 am said...

h**p://www.hemenpaylas.com/download/697677/Fire.rar.html
Password:notlegal.info

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut