Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion (2009)

On November 18, the track "Brother Sport" was leaked onto the internet by way of its inclusion in a French music podcast. The track was subsequently posted on many blogs, including Pitchfork, and now it's posted on this blog. I like Animal Collective's songs, however i think that this album is very overrrated. I see that most of critics love this album by giving high ratings. For me, this is another interesting and nice Animal Collective record, there is nothing beyond. By the way, i don't like the stupid album cover, it's a kind of trick for primary school students. "Brother Sport" is the best song from Merriweather Post Pavilion.

Animal Collective - Brother Sport

3 COMMENTS:

Marina Siljehav on 9:12 pm said...

Word! I just published a similar review on my blog, also with remarks about the ugly album cover. Great minds think alike?

Unknown on 1:33 am said...

First of all, learn to use the little known but much lauded semicolon; nobody will be able to take your reviews seriously otherwise.

As for this album being overrated, I truly believe that is a misapprehension. MPP, by any standard, is one of the best releases in years to get this kind of critical exposure. The last time was probably when Ys by Joanna Newsom dropped.

I personally think it is a good thing to see, a band actually deserving it getting hype. I think this because I'm sick of seeing worthless bands like Vampire Weekend having their hackwork being praised in the blogosphere.

My two cents, whatever they're worth.

lizzibuzz said...

Hello Guys,

Please check out Animal Collective's 30 minute mini-mix on Ben Watt's Buzzin' Fly Radio show.

You can stream it from the Buzzin' Fly website: http://www.buzzinfly.com/, under the "mixes" tab.

The tracklisting is as follows:

Kode 9 vs LD 'Bad' (Hyperdub)
Erykah Badu 'Telephone' (Universal-Island Records Ltd)
Grouper 'Stuck' (Type)
Ralph Lundsten 'Alpha Ralpha Boulevard' (Andromeda Music)
Le Orme 'I Miei Sogni' (Replay Music)
Justin Heathcliff 'Life' (Q.D.K. Media)

Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut