Monday, December 17, 2007

Top 20 Tracks of 2007 (the mm versus P4k)

Today i saw Pitchfork's Top 100 Tracks of 2007 list, and the similarity made me happy more than i am. There are 11 same names in between Pitchfork and The Modern Music lists, thank you guys for reading my blog. Just joking:) It's easy to see that they chose the songs from their high rated records in 2007. Hey guys on Pitchfork, why don't you listen to some John Vanderslice!



Top 100 Tracks of 2007 (by Pitchfork)
Monday, December 17, 2007
1. LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends
2. Battles - Atlas
3. Panda Bear - Bros
4. M.I.A. [ft. Bun B and Rich Boy] - Paper Planes (Remix)
5. Rihanna [ft. Jay-Z] - Umbrella
6. UGK [ft. Outkast] - Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)
7. LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
8. Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
9. Animal Collective - Fireworks
10. Jay-Z [ft. Beanie Sigel] - Ignorant Shit
11. Grinderman - No Pussy Blues
12. Spoon - You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb
13. Of Montreal - The Past Is a Grotesque Animal
14. Caribou - Melody Day
15. Jens Lekman - A Postcard to Nina
16. Feist - 1 2 3 4
17. Burial - Archangel
18. Chromatics - In the City
19. The Field - A Paw in My Face
20. Radiohead - All I Need

Best Songs of the Year 2007(by Modern Music)
Saturday, November 24, 2007
1. John Vanderslice - White Dove
2. Of Montreal - Gronlandic Edit
3. Band Of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You
4. Patrict Wolf - Augustine/ Magpie
5. Fiery Furnaces - Cabaret Of The Seven Devils/ My Egyptian Grammar
6. Jens Lekman - Sipping On The Sweet Nectar
7. Blonde Redhead - Top Ranking
8. Chris Conelly - Son of Empty Sam
9. The National - Brainy
10. Panda Bear - Bros
11. Rihanna feat Jay-Z – Umbrella
12. Battles - Leyendecker
13. Animal Collective - Peacebone
14. Feist - My Moon My Man
15. M.I.A. – Jimmy
16. Arcade Fire – Ocean of Noise
17. LCD Soundsystem – Get Innocuous!
18. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
19. The Shins - Sea Legs
20. Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place

You can think like "so what?". But, don't think like that because Pitchfork is my only favorite music zine. They're honest and desired to write about music. From know on, we can say their favorite record of the year will be LCD Soundsystem's Sound of Silver.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut