Thursday, October 25, 2007

Modern English - I Melt With You

I love 80s section in this blog, hope you like too. I thought that it was better copy and paste the great amg song review about this nice song. Ok you'll like the tune, actually i've a lot of good songs to post on this blog, you know i love sharing, but every little post takes time. So keep reading!

"I Melt With You" was never a Top Ten or even a Top 40 hit -- it peaked at number 76 in July 1990 -- but it's one of the most recognized songs of the new wave era. Originally released in the U.K. in 1982, the song was a minor hit in the U.S. in the spring and summer of 1983 -- thanks, in part, to being the love theme of the cult hit Valley Girl. (It was used in the mid-movie montage as well as over the end credits.) The song's strummy up-tempo beat, vocalist Robbie Grey's English drawl, and the ultimately positive, us-against-the world chorus made the tune a hit in dance clubs and on pop radio. In 1989, Modern English slightly revamped the song and re-released it, but it again failed to crack the Top 40. Several years later, the track was used in a Burger King TV ad in an attempt to attract the Gen-X market. Despite the fact that it never broke through to mainstream success, "I Melt With You" endures as a watermark for 1980s optimism and sentimentality, and as a classic pop song that never quite got the accolades it deserved. Review Source

Modern English - I Melt With You

2 COMMENTS:

sag1015 on 4:55 pm said...

I've always loved this perfect slice of pop, but I prefer the original version, which is less polished and (to my ears) more sincere...keep up the great work, though, I love the site!

Paula Ashlee on 5:40 pm said...

there's an awesome cover of this song on Punk Goes 80's

http://rockinsatiable.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut