Sunday, April 22, 2007

Tindersticks Live

Stunning moments, they're the tattoos of our brain, without them life would be nonsense. Some is bitter, some is gratifying. This sunday on Live Music, we've treasures from Nottingham, England. I've been listening Tindersticks for years, and years. Their sound is characterised by a synthesis of orchestral backing, lounge jazz, and soul; the lush orchestrations of multi-instrumentalist Dickon Hinchliffe and the smoky baritone of lead vocalist Stuart Staples are the band's hallmarks. It's somewhat sad that Stuart Staples says he will be working on his solo project. No more Tindersticks? Maybe they need time for something fresh, that's what our mellow Stuart says. These are live songs from Amsterdam February 1994 Tindersticks concert. I know, it sounds completely fascinating music. Leave your comment, i love reading them.

Starting with dramatic textures that recall love, pain , romanticism, then it gently changes world to a romantic place by orgasmic instruments (fluids) melody Jism is the best Tindersticks work.

While brooding at start of it, you are going to be amazed by jazzy, polished atmosphere of melancholic music.

Tindersticks - Milky Teeth
You know I'm a kisser
I wanted you for that mouth
Hey you know I'm a listener
I loved you for what came out
It's your mind and your body
That makes me feel so dirty
And it's my mouth
What comes out
What comes out

2 COMMENTS:

Cecilia V. on 5:36 am said...

i ve been loving them for long time...
and THAT voice

but his solo project is really disapointed...he has the voice but he needs THAT band

my favorite record is curtains..

Anonymous said...

Great band, my best songs are another night in , kathleen and
whiskey And Water.


(nice site!!)
Costas from Athens (Greece)

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut