Even if you don't agree with Neil Young's politics, you can't help but be daunted by the intersection of his genius and ire on his second album in less than seven months. It is the very rare artist who is able to channel indignation and moral disgust in such a coherent and forceful way--without sacrificing any of the vivid imagery, passion, or the high level of musicality that we have come to expect from him over the past four decades. But that's not what elevates this album: it's his pure, naked, visceral reaction to the Bush administration's foreign policy, building on a canon of outrage that he began with 1970's "Ohio," penned in the wake of the Kent State student deaths. But here he goes one better, filling in the lines that he began to draw on 2003's Greendale about a family caught in changing times. But Young's done with musing about lost ideals. On Living with War, he demands much more from his audience, and himself. This is nothing less than a call for fearless action in extraordinarily fearful times. --Jaan Uhelszki
http://www.neilyoung.com/lww/lww.html
Sunday, April 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contact
Popular Posts of the Week
-
The first single released ahead of the full album by Peter Bjorn & John left me feeling unimpressed. It was strange, and it felt like a...
-
La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy The Veronicas - 4 Ever Chris Daughtry - What About Now Tinchy Stryder - You're Not Alone Naturi ...
-
Modern Music 80s Rock The recurring statement through your ’70s interviews was about trying to shake off that middle class ball and chain. ...
-
Blonde Redhead - Top Ranking LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends M.I.A. - Bird Flu Björk - Declare Independence Menomena - Evil Bee Bat for Las...
-
I feel like I got caught in a erotic relationship with a random person every time I play his song. It even feels like you are lost in Lond...
-
Creed - Human Clay 1. Are You Ready? 2. What If 3. Beautiful 4. Say I 5. Wrong Way 6. Faceless Man 7. Never Die 8. With Arms Wide Open 9. Hi...
-
Portishead's debut album, Dummy , popularized trip-hop, making its slow, narcotic rhythms, hypnotic samples, and film noir production c...

3 COMMENTS:
Bulut,you rule.Thank you very much for your posts,One last thing Can you post the FIGURINES 2006 album.I couldnt find it in anywhere.Thank you very much.
thank you, and thank mr young if you see him :-) I saw a comment in which he told he was expecting such a CD comming from a any other band but didn´t come (exception: Pearl Jam), so he put him self to work. Incredible but true. I wish pop kids (in their 30s) dared to take some frying pans and begin to do some noise! Bravo! Peace !
I have almost every Neil Young album he made, and I have to say that "Living With War" is right up there with my absolute favorites. He is my hero. (I'm 19.)
Post a Comment