Rating: 6/10 (edit* increased from 5 to 6 after taking a shower:)
Ninth Of Montreal record prodoced by Kevin Barnes, set to be released on October 7, 2008 on Polyvinyl. Kevin Barnes stated that the album will be composed of hundreds of short segments ranging from thirty to fifty seconds in length. But believe me, these segments are too much for a complete album spin. You also don't have idea what you are listening to. Track previews? Disappointed? No sir, there is no question that it's my favorite band. Liked Skeletal Lamping? I actually don't know if this is what i like. Of Montreal seems to like Bee Gees or they got into the indie dance sound a lot. I miss records like debut Cherry Peel, astounding The Gay Parade and Satanic Panic in the Attic.
Of Montreal had changed a lot since previous Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?. However songs like Cato as A Pun, Suffer for Fashion or She's a Rejecter made that record top-notch. Skeletal Lamping is nothing doing horrible, they get positive reviews. Positive reviews won't be important if you lose your musical soul. Puzzling, contradicting, disturbing, humorous...fantasies, do nothing about it.
Highlights: Wicked Wisdom, An Eluardian Instance, St.Exquisite's Confessions, Id Engager
Of Montreal - Id Engager
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contact
Popular Posts of the Week
-
Modern Music 80s Rock The recurring statement through your ’70s interviews was about trying to shake off that middle class ball and chain. ...
-
The first single released ahead of the full album by Peter Bjorn & John left me feeling unimpressed. It was strange, and it felt like a...
-
La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy The Veronicas - 4 Ever Chris Daughtry - What About Now Tinchy Stryder - You're Not Alone Naturi ...
-
Nightwish is a Finnish musical band formed in 1996 in the town of Kitee. Nightwish compo ses songs that are often classified as either symp...
-
Heart-Ships is a very new band from Leeds UK , made up of 7 passionate musicians and songwriters, they've been playing together for unde...
-
In the Court of the Crimson King is the title of a 1969 album by the British progressive rock group King Crimson. The album opens with a...
-
Creed - Human Clay 1. Are You Ready? 2. What If 3. Beautiful 4. Say I 5. Wrong Way 6. Faceless Man 7. Never Die 8. With Arms Wide Open 9. Hi...

3 COMMENTS:
I have been a fan since Satanic Panic and I think Skeletal is brilliant. I am actually not a big fan of anything they did before Satanic. Good for me I guess!!
you don't like The Gay Parade? I think it's a masterpiece, every single spin grows on you. The beatles and Bowie influences are appearent in the record. Gay Parada was a complete rock record in any case.
horrible fucking review. you either have extremely bad grammar or english is your second language.
great album though!
Post a Comment