Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Jarvis Cocker puts solo material online(News!)

The former Pulp man returns with Live 8-inspired song

Jarvis Cocker has returned - releasing his first solo material onto the internet.

The former Pulp frontman has posted new song 'Running The World' online, which can be heard now by going to myspace.com/jarvspace.

Although the singer released music as Relaxed Muscle following the demise of Pulp in 2002, this is the first time he has released music under his own name.

"If all the technical bits and pieces are working properly then you should be able to hear a new song I've been working on," Cocker wrote on his webpage. "I wanted you to hear it now cos it's exactly one year since that Live 8 thing and it was the night of that event that I wrote this song."

With the refrain "cunts are still running the world", it's unlikely the song will be played widely on the radio, something Cocker noted.

"I apologise for all the swearing but sometimes that's the only thing that seems appropriate," he explained. "It's in no way a criticism of (Live 8 organiser, Bob) Geldof and co but I remember thinking at the time: 'Where does engaging with these politicians/businessmen really get you?' - 12 months on and the cunts still haven't paid up as far as I can make out - maybe the problem is something more fundamental. Anyway, what do I know? I'm just a pampered rock star - but at least I think it's good to discuss this stuff. Don't you?"

Cocker said that he wanted to know what fans thought of the new track, adding: "I hope this is just the start of a beautiful relationship."

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut