Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Kooks - Inside In Insideout

'Inside In/Inside Out' is the debut album by Brighton-basedscuzz-pop merchants The Kooks. Combining the raucous energyof early-Kinks with the up-for-it pop know-how of Supergrass might sound like a tall order, but Luke Pritchard and Co. have pulled it off with aplomb, making for an exciting and accessible debut effort. Includes the singles 'Sofa Song' and'You Don't Love Me'.

The Kooks are one of those bands who have been hyped up far too much for they're own good, and plastered everywhere in magazines and on the radio. This automaticaly made me stay away as usually I hate all that indie rubbish. But my sister bought the album the other day and I have since listened to it a few times... I was a bit suprised really, its a lot better than I thought. The first thing that came to mind is that it reminded me of Supergrass' I Should Coco. It's youthful and fun with similar happy, upbeat songs, the only thing that's missing is great sounding organs on every track, but you can't have everything I guess.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut