Saturday, May 27, 2006

Brett Anderson reveals details of solo album (News!)

The singer feels it's the "right moment".Ex-Suede singer Brett Anderson is set to release his long anticipated debut solo album, saying that now feels like the 'right moment' for the record.

Whilst recording the debut LP with The Tears alongside Bernard Butler, the frontman was simultaneously working on his own material.

Speaking about the record, Anderson said: "Its quite orchestrated, lots of string lutes, that sort of thing. I guess there's a Scott Walker feel to it. I'm very proud of it; it's a very exciting record for me."

The singer, who co-produced the album, added: "I've played more than I ever have before (on this album). I've played a lot of electric guitar on it; I've written a lot of the electric guitar parts. It's my baby and I've obviously been pretty obsessed with it."

Not currently signed to any label, the record is currently titled 'Brett Anderson' and is set for release in January.

Explaining his choice of name for the album, Anderson said: "Because that's my name, you see."

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut