Saturday, March 11, 2006

Stereophonics - You Gotta Go There To Come Back

You Gotta Go There To Come Back is Stereophonics' fourth album, released on V2 in 2003.

The album shows a newly found maturity compared to the brazenness of the previous three.

Stereophonics are a Welsh music group formed in 1992 and originally known as Tragic Love Company, a name inspired by their favourite bands Tragically Hip, Mother Love Bone and Bad Company. They started out as a teenage cover band and later, inspired by Stuart's grandmother's gramophone changed their name to "Stereophonics". They hail from Cwmaman, near Aberdare in South Wales and after they changed their name they were one of the first bands to be signed to Richard Branson's V2 label in August 1996. Their best known songs include "A Thousand Trees", "Mr. Writer", "Local Boy in the Photograph", "Dakota, "Maybe Tomorrow", "Just Looking" and a cover of Mike d'Abo's "Handbags and Gladrags".

LINK

2 COMMENTS:

Ben on 10:15 am said...

1. Help Me (She's Out of Her Mind)
2. Maybe Tomorrow
3. Madame Helga
4. Climbing the Wall
5. Getaway
6. You Stole My Money Honey
7. Jealousy
8. I'm Alright (You Gotta Go There to Come Back)
9. Nothing Precious At All
10. Rainbows and Pots of Gold
11. I Miss You Now
12. High as the Ceiling
13. Since I Told You It's Over

Anonymous said...

"Mr Writer" is one of my favorite songs and also i like their sound. I haven't listened to this album but I'm sure that this album rocks too. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut