Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ryan Adams - 29

29 is Ryan Adams' eighth official album, and his third album to be released in 2005. The album was produced by Ethan Johns, who also produced Heartbreaker and Gold. Recorded without the country-rock sound of the Cardinals, this album's sonic and emotional predecessor is 2003's Love Is Hell.

In a pre-release interview, Adams described the album: "That one's really fucked up. It has nine songs, and all the songs are nine minutes long, they're all story-songs. And it's basically just me and a piano, me and a guitar, with [producer] Ethan [Johns]. It's really cerebral. The theme of it was that I wanted to write a record where I could write myself out of my twenties. So for each year of my life, in my twenties, I kind of assigned different parts of my character, I gave them names. The last song is a song from the perspective, believe it or not, of a ghost. When it's just passed out of a body, and it goes 'Don't go to the light/ I'll show you how to haunt.' This spirit is trying to conjure this dead child, this dead person, back to the house where they died. So they can haunt it. It's really fucked up."

In fact, the songs are not all nine minutes long; they average around four and a half minutes in length. Two tracks are shorter than four minutes, and the longest, "Strawberry Wine," clocks in just under eight minutes.

link for this album
http://lowskill.misto.cz/_MAIL_/ranjid/Ryan_Adams/29/29.rar
Tracklist in comment

New link:
http://lowskill.misto.cz/_MAIL_/ranjid/Ryan_Adams/29/29.rar

1 COMMENTS:

Ben on 1:31 pm said...

1. 29
2. Strawberry Wine
3. Nightbirds
4. Blue Sky Blues
5. Carolina Rain
6. Starlite Diner
7. The Sadness
8. Elizabeth, You Were Born To Play That Part
9. Voices

Post a Comment

Popular Posts of the Week

Featured Post

Talk Talk - Such A Shame (80s music)

You don't really see that I share a lot of 80s on this blog. I am always so confused by the era, not really implying it's pretenti...

 

Modern Music 2011 | Designed by Bulut